Sunday, October 13, 2013

Meet Shannon

Like everyone else, I have a story. I grew up in the rural, southern United States, and married the love of my life when I was only 19 years old. I don't think many people believed we would stay together, but decades later my heart still skips a beat when he walks into the room. We have been blessed with three daughters and three sons. They are the light of our lives.

Life has taken us to so many parts of the country, and the world! Now our older children are spreading their wings and creating their own stories. There are few things that bring me more joy than watching them learn, experience, and grow.

I consider my family members who have gone before me, and I wonder if they could have imagined us. Did they think about what their family would be like in the year 2013? I tell their stories to my children, and we learn from their lives and experiences...some good, and some not so good. When I look at their faded photographs, I can sometimes see my children in their eyes. I am so thankful to be part of such a wonderful, diverse family.

This blog is a labor of love. My purpose is to help you find your family, encourage you to record your story, and hope you enjoy the adventure. If you have specific questions, please feel free to email me. I will do my best to get you answers.

Shannon
My family


No comments:

Post a Comment